“Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” – Socrates
Lessons for Children / Teens / Adults
Classical Guitar Lessons
(4 - 10) years
Children learn to play and sing
well known children’s songs on the
guitar or ukulele.
- Students are motivated by a positive and supportive learning environment. Students enjoy their lessons immensely. The results are astounding.
- Learning takes place through small step instruction.
- Students are taught using a carefully selected, sequenced repertoire of beautiful pieces from the traditional classical guitar repertoire.
- Students build and accumulate a repertoire of pieces which they learn to perform fluently.
- Students share a common repertoire making playing with others easy.
- Students play in an ensemble. This creates community spirit and strengthens their musical skills.
- Parents participate actively in their children’s musical lives. Stronger bonds are created and each one’s lives are enriched through music. The parents often begin to take lessons as well!
- Students learn to play pieces by heart, they are less dependent on sheet music and they develop better listening and technical skills. Reading music, however, is not neglected.
- Listening to music is strongly encouraged, as is attending recitals, concerts and other musical events.